Qualifying Notes of Interest:
There was a six-for-four playoff at Longmeadow CC. Frank Dully – medalist at Essex County Club – is the head golf professional at Kernwood Country Club (Salem, MA).
Matthew Naumec – medalist at Longmeadow CC – is a freshman at Boston College and a member of the golf team. He reached the semifinals of the 2015 Massachusetts Amateur Championship.
Due to excessive winds in Manchester, the 15th hole at Essex County Club was deemed unplayable by on-site officials after the competitive round had begun. Upon completion of their rounds, players were instructed to replay the 10th hole in order to complete the stipulated 18 holes.
Kevin Silva (New Bedford, Mass.) was medalist at a U.S. Open Local Qualifier held on May 9 at North Kingstown Golf Club (North Kingstown, RI).
All qualifiers will advance to U.S. Open Sectional Qualifying scheduled for next month.
Many of the competitors in today’s field will be competing at or attempting to qualify if not exempt for the 2016 Massachusetts Open Championship set for June 13-15 at Worcester Country Club. That event is the only championship
May 09, 2016
North Kingstown Golf Club (North Kingstown, R.I.)
- (a)Kevin Silva – NEW BEDFORD, MASS. 64
- Max Gilbert – CANADA. 69
- Rob Corcoran – MELBOURNE, FLA. 70
- Alt-Bob Bigonette – FAIRFIELD, CONN. 70
- Alt-(a)Patrick Welch – PROVIDENCE, R.I. 71
Longmeadow Country Club (Longmeadow, MA)
Par 70 (35-35)
- 1) Matthew Naumec (a) (Wilbraham, Mass.) 38-34–72
- T2) Andy Lesenski (Greenfield, Mass.) 37-36–73
- T2) Josh Nichols (a) (Kernersville, N.C.) 38-35–73
- T2) Shawn Warren (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) 36-37–73
- 5) Joe Leavitt (Atkinson, N.H.) 34-39–73
(a) – indicates an amateur competitor.
2016 U.S. Open Local Qualifying
Essex County Club (Manchester, MA)
Par 70 (36-34)
- 1) Frank Dully II (Salem, Mass.) 34-37–71
- 2) James Imai (a) (Brookline, Mass.) 36-36–72
- T3) Ryan Baca (Sugar Land, Texas) 39-35–74
- T3) Matt Organisak (a) (Sudbury, Mass.) 40-34–74
- 5) Troy Pare (Seekonk, Mass.) 37-37–74
- 1st) Hunter Stone (A/R) (Sunderland, Mass.) 38-37–75
- 2nd) Joseph Harney (West Roxbury, Mass.) 37-38–75
(a) – indicates an amateur competitor
(A/R) – indicated a professional awaiting amateur reinstatement