For a number of years I have been an active member at Segregansett Country Club in Taunton, MA. Prior to joining the club years ago I was a member at two other private golf course in Southern New England. I have been an avid golfer for almost 30 years and love the game. While we all have seen a lot of changes in the last 10 years in all private clubs, the one thing that has not changed is the reason I am still a member at the club. It’s about value, convenience and relationships.
When I started playing golf I played public golf and like all public golfers I struggled with getting a good tee time and finding a group to play with on a consistent basis. Like many who start into the game I choose a weekly golf league so I could experience some competition and consistency of playing time. While I enjoyed the comradeship of the league being limited to just 9 holes was a bit frustrating and finding players for additional rounds was a constant chore.
I joined my first club at 29 years old to become a better player, enjoy better access to the sport and have more opportunity to play on a consistent basis. While I did not know many members at the club when I first joined, in 6 months I had developed great relationships with a large number of players at the club and had unlimited access to the course and the practice facility. In my first year at the club I played in a lot of club tournaments and events in which I was paired with all levels of players. That experience alone made me a better player and brought me far more opportunities to play golf with lower handicap players.
The Simple Reasons I belong to Segregansett Country Club
* The membership is a great value for the facility *
* The course is always in great condition.*
* I would spend nearly the same amount playing public golf. *
* There are games and groups I can play with 7 days a week. *
* I have built a lot of friendships and business relationship at the club. *
* I enjoy use of the practice facility and we have a great teaching pro. *
* My wife and I enjoy the restaurant and club events. *
* I enjoy the low price to bring guest to the club. *
* All the golf events are reasonably priced. *
* And I love feeling that I have a home for my golf. *
Segregansett Country Club “Catch 22” Membership is Back
A Single or Family Full Membership for 22 Months
At Less than the Single One Year Rate